The Steelers still plan on having training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe according to Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Other NFL teams have canceled their off-site training camps because of the uncertainty created by the lockout.
Saint Vincent spokesman Don Orlando said Monday that the college is “optimistic” that the Steelers will hold training camp there despite the uncertainty of the lockout.
“We’ll be ready if they need us,” Orlando said.
Orlando also said the Steelers have not informed the college of a date when they would make a decision regarding training camp. The Steelers confirmed Monday that there is not a drop-dead date for the team to make a decision.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin sidestepped the question two weeks ago when he was asked about it at his football camp. The Steelers usually open training camp in late July, but they have not set a date this year because of the lockout.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on