Willie Colon will be one of the Steelers’ 14 unrestricted free agents once the NFL lockout is over but Colon’s agent doesn’t expect to hear from the Steelers after it is over.
“They haven’t called about Willie in three years,” agent Joe Linta told Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’m not expecting them to call because they haven’t yet. That’s the way they do business, and that’s fine. But if they do call we’ll pick up the phone.”
“He loves the team and love the city,” Linta said. “But they have to want him, and they haven’t shown that yet.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on