The Post-Gazette reports that for now, the Steelers are putting contract extensions on hold.
The Steelers want to “let the dust settle a little” and consider possible free-agent signings before they even think about doing contract extensions for Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu or inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, the Post-Gazette has learned.
The team did what they had to do this offseason – they got back Ike Taylor and William Gay, and they also inked the six-year extension for LaMarr Woodley, which will make him happy.
As far as Timmons and Polamalu are concerned, both are Dick LeBeau and Mike Tomlin guys, and if the team does what they always do, the Steelers will be able to get a deal done with each before they grow unhappy.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on