The Steelers re-signed tackle/guard Trai Essex today to a one-year contract Monday afternoon, putting more beef on their O-line, an area that has been beat up recently with injuries.
Essex was a third-round Steelers pick of the 2005 NFL draft. He started 25 games, some at tackle, some at guard. He opened the 2009 season He won the job and started all 16 games at right guard in 2009 and opened last season there. However, he sprained an ankle in the second game, returned to start three more games at mid-season but then lost his starting job to Ramon Foster.
Essex became an unrestricted free agent this year.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on