The Steelers are licking their wounds after Sunday’s somewhat stunning loss in Baltimore. Not only were they beat up on the field, but it appears they suffered a rather big injury off it.
Adam Caplan of The Sideline View is reporting that starting right tackle Willie Colon could be lost for a significant period of time with an arm injury.
Caplan says it’s believed that the injury is in the triceps area.
Colon was inked this past offseason to a big five year deal worth $29 million. If he’s lost for a long amount of time or even the season, the team could go out and bring back Flozell Adams, who was released and not brought back this offseason.
Right now Chris Scott is listed as Colon’s backup.
Caplan also pointed out a couple other tackles on the market – Ryan Harris (injured/back), Jon Stinchcomb, Nick Kaczur, Mario Henderson, (former Steeler) Max Starks and Adams.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on