Mike Tomlin called discussions with Commissioner Roger Goodell “very productive” at his weekly news conference today.
Tomlin and team president Art Rooney II spent Thursday in New York meeting with Goodell about recent statements and actions regarding player safety, including fines being levied on the Steelers in which they feel fall within the rules.
“We exchanged some ideas and I think the meeting was born out of a conversation with Art and the commissioner,” Tomlin said. “They thought it would be productive for all of us to sit down and talk. It (was) good bye-week stuff.”
Tomlin would not go into specifics of what the conversation consisted of.
“I will leave the conversation with those guys between them and myself,” Tomlin said. “I think that is appropriate. I will say this, I appreciate the opportunity to visit with those men and get their perspective on some things and be able to give mine.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on