With the official injury report due out Wednesday, there’s some early indications of who to watch for the Steelers heading into practice when it comes to injuries.
Starting QB Ben Roethlisberger will be listed as questionable (or 50/50 to play) due to his grade one ankle sprain. Strong safety Troy Polamalu (hamstring), outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) and center Maurkice Pouncey (high-ankle strain) will be evaluated throughout the week, and will all be listed as questionable.
“Under the circumstances with James Harrison, it would benefit us to have LaMarr Woodley,” Tomlin said. “The guys who are available to us are the guys we’ll work with. You lose guys because of injuries or a suspension, the standard is still the standard. We won’t blink in that regard.”
Also, linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) is questionable. Tomlin said he’s confident that both wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) and defensive end Ziggy Hood (groin strain) will participate in today’s practice.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on