In an rather interesting move today, the Steelers signed former Ravens quarterback Troy Smith. The former Ohio State QB and Heisman Trophy winner had been in on Thursday for a workout.
He inks a “future/reserves” contract. He was playing in the UFL with the Omaha Nighthawks. Likely he will fight for the number three job, but there are plenty of chances with the backup QB spot depending on which way the Steelers go.
Byron Leftwich should be back, and then it’s down to Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch, that’s if Batch decides to play again and not retire.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on