News that should not be much of a surprise, the Steelers will likely not have the services of safety Troy Polamalu this Thursday night against the Titans.
Polamalu re-injured his right calf against the Eagles on Sunday.
“He will probably be deemed out this week because of the week itself being a quick turnaround and the nature of the injury,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “We will evaluate him when get back from Tennessee. We don’t think he will participate.”
Linebacker LaMarr Woodley also could be out this week, but this is still a chance he could play after suffering a hamstring injury against the Eagles. With a short week Tomlin said he is “leaning more on him being out, as opposed to being in,” but wouldn’t rule it out.
“There is more optimism regarding where he is,” said Tomlin. “It’s just a mild hamstring injury if there is such a thing. It’s still a hamstring injury.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on