The Steelers are not going to take any chances, at least for this week, as injured QB Ben Roethlisberger is for sure not going to play vs the Ravens Sunday night at Heinz Field.
The decision was made after the team took a look at the severity of the injury, and also maybe took a little lesson from history as the team tried to race him back last season vs the Niners after an ankle sprain, and it cost his mobility for the remainder of the year.
With Ben sitting, Byron Leftwich will get the start against the Ravens. No word yet if leading WR Antonio Brown, who is dealing with an ankle injury, is going to be able to play or not.
As of now, expect the Steelers to lean heavily on the run game, with Jonathan Dwyer and Issac Redman, a run game that didn’t perform nearly as well against the Chiefs Monday night as it did the few weeks prior.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on