The Steelers are not going to take any chances, at least for this week, as injured QB Ben Roethlisberger is for sure not going to play vs the Ravens Sunday night at Heinz Field.
The decision was made after the team took a look at the severity of the injury, and also maybe took a little lesson from history as the team tried to race him back last season vs the Niners after an ankle sprain, and it cost his mobility for the remainder of the year.
With Ben sitting, Byron Leftwich will get the start against the Ravens. No word yet if leading WR Antonio Brown, who is dealing with an ankle injury, is going to be able to play or not.
As of now, expect the Steelers to lean heavily on the run game, with Jonathan Dwyer and Issac Redman, a run game that didn’t perform nearly as well against the Chiefs Monday night as it did the few weeks prior.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on