Running back Rashard Mendenhall might as well start looking around the league at other teams that need running backs, because he can write his ticket out of Pittsburgh.
The back has been suspended for one game by the club for “conduct detrimental to the team.” Ed Bouchette says that “conduct” was not showing up to the Chargers game Sunday after he was told he would not dress.
Mendenhall will sit at home this weekend while the team plays at Dallas.
The Steelers former #1 back played in just four games this year and has 113 yards rushing on 34 carries with no touchdowns. He missed the first three games of this year with a knee injury and then missed four consecutive games with an Achilles injury.
He was then inactive the past two games (Weeks 13-14).
The Steelers promoted Baron Batch from their practice squad to fill Mendenhall’s roster spot. Batch spent the first 10 games of this year on the team’s active roster but was then signed to Pittsburgh’s practice squad for Weeks 12-14.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on