I remember it like it was yesterday. Sitting in the upper deck of the very end zone that saw Colts WR Aaron Bailey come oh so close to pulling in a game-winning touchdown pass, but it was not meant to be.
The Steelers gained a measure of redemption for losing the 94 AFC Title game at home to San Diego 17-13, and this time it looked like it was going to happen again, as they nearly choked at home to the heavy underdog Colts.
The Colts led 6-3, but the Steelers got a late TD in the first half from Neil O’Donnell to Kordell Stewart to take a 10-6 lead at the half.
Things got better in the second half when the Steelers went up 13-9, and all seemed well until Jim Harbaugh (yes, now he Niners coach), threw a long TD to Floyd Turner to put the Colts up 16-13.
Then O’Donnell pulled off the miracle comeback with a conversion on 4th and 3 to keep a drive alive, and then hit Ernie Mills with a long pass to the Colts one yard line.
Bam Morris went in to put the Steelers up 20-16, and the final 10 minutes can be seen above in the video.
To me, still easily one of the top five games in Steelers history.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on