Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey put out a tweet on Monday, apologizing after pictures showed up online Monday with his and twin brother Mike Pouncey of the Dolphins, wearing a hat that said “Free Hernandez” – showing support of murder suspect Aaron Hernandez, their one-time college teammate at Florida.
I fully recognize the seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate, and I regret that my (cont) http://t.co/SuA4mDABiY
— Maurkice Pouncey (@MaurkicePouncey) July 15, 2013
Here’s the entire quote – “I fully recognize the seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate, and I regret that my actions appear to make light of that serious situation. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my actions.”
The former Patriots TE Hernandez has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd last month.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on