First it was Greg Lloyd. Then Joey Porter. Don’t forget James Harrison.
Now safety Shamarko Thomas?
The Steelers rookie is already making waves, a week before the Steelers start training camp.
He’s known as a big hitter despite coming in at just 5-foot-9, and now seems to think that he’s going to use his body in some violent ways in 2013, to the point where he’s going to have to have his pay get docked a couple times.
“I’m gonna get some fines, I’m not gonna lie,” Thomas said, via Tom Robinson of the Virginian-Pilot and found on PFT. “That’s just how I play. It’s football.”
Harrison, now with the Bengals, was the latest Steeler to get his pay docked more than once for delivering big hits on players and QB’s, and now it seems that Thomas is going to take that role.
But predicting your going to be fined? Pretty big talk for a guy that hasn’t played a down in the NFL.
For now, keep an eye out for Thomas as camp stats and his rookie season starts. Fines or not, he hopefully will be a blast to watch his rookie season and beyond starting in 2013.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on