The Steelers didn’t spend a first-round pick on linebacker Jarvis Jones so he could just sit.
While it’s not a fact that he’s going to start from day one, he will be a starter at some point, and many around the NFL are starting to take notice.
That includes Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, who today has a feature on Jones, and how he might just be the “next great Steelers LB.”
Here’s a portion of the piece:
A marquee-level launching pad that has helped cement the play-making reputations for such Steel City luminaries as Jack Ham, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Jason Gildon, Joey Porter and most recently, James Harrison.
So it’s quite the position to be in as an NFL rookie, if your name is Jarvis Jones, and you’re the highest drafted outside linebacker in Steelers team history (No. 17 overall). No pressure there, kid, just go out there and earn your place in the pantheon. And right away would be nice.
“Oh, yeah, outside linebacker is huge here,” said seventh-year veteran Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, between practices at Pittsburgh’s training camp at scenic St. Vincent College. “You can make a name for yourself for a long time if you can get it done. And he [Jones] has a chance.”
You can read the excellent entire piece on Jones at the link HERE
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on