Training camp is supposed to be a time of competition, but right now at Steelers camp, there’s a number of players missing that are making these battles one-sided.
One spot that was supposed to be up for grabs is the second OLB spot opposite LaMarr Woodley. The competition was between rookie Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds.
Worilds came into camp as the starter, but right now he’s missed a couple practices with an injured toe, which he’s still having issues with.
As for the tight end spot, the competition is not necessarily for the starter spot, but just to hold the spot down until Heath Miller can get back on the field off the PUP list.
Right now free agent pick up Matt Spaeth was slated to get most of the first team reps, but he’s out after he had to have his right knee drained. David Paulson is getting many of the looks at the position.
As for the left corner job, Cortez Allen, who was proclaimed as the starter at the start of camp, will miss a couple of weeks as he had to have minor knee surgery.
William Gay and DeMarcus Van Dyke are two players that are fighting for time with Allen out, and both could make a big impression with the coaching staff.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on