The Steelers are now 0-3 in the preseason following a 26-20 OT loss to the Chiefs, but unlike the first two games of the preseason, this time there was a lot more positive then negative for the Black and Gold.
With one preseason game left, the team seems to finally have something to build on as they get set for the Panthers in a game that will almost for sure see most of the regulars sit.
With all of that said, here’s some observations from the game tonight vs the Chiefs:
1. The Offense came to play – For the first time in three preseason games, the offense for the Steelers looked liked a unit that was on the same page. QB Ben Roethlisberger was 13-for-19 for 166 yards with a touchdown, and a QB rating of 113.0. He went deep right away to Antonio Brown, who ended the night with 3 catches for 69 yards, and pulled a rabbit out of a hat with a TD throw on what looked to be a broken play to Jonathan Dwyer. Finally there was some good to the offense for the Steelers.
2. Troy Polamalu Looks Ready for a Huge Season – When you see #43 flying around making plays and stopping ball carriers, you know he came to play. He helped the defense do just that on Saturday night, helping stop a fourth and inches for the Chiefs. Yes he did draw an ugly 15-yard roughing penalty that will take money from his pocket this week, but it was great to see Polamalu, healthy and all, making some impact plays on defense with the recklessness Steelers fans love.
3. The Special Teams Was Again Not Special – The team took a 17-10 lead after Markus Wheaton’s first TD, and then gave up an awful 109-yard touchdown on a kick return by Knile Davis. This preseason the unit has allowed a blocked punt, a blocked field goal (earlier Saturday), and now a kickoff return for a TD. This unit better shape up, or it’s going to lose some games for the Steelers in 2013.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on