It may have taken four games into 2013, but finally the Steelers put it all together Sunday, topping the Jets 19-6 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
The win puts the Steelers at 1-4 on the season, but more importantly stops the bleeding for a team that needed a win in the worst way.
The Steelers led 9-6 at the half, but came out with the biggest play of the game in the third quarter, a long 55-yard TD pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Emmanuel Sanders to make it 16-6.
The defense did an excellent job holding down Geno Smith and a Jets offense that was very good against the Falcons on Monday night at the Georgia Dome.
Now with a win under their belt, the Steelers will get set for their first game vs the Ravens next Sunday in Pittsburgh at 4:25pm.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on