It may have taken four games into 2013, but finally the Steelers put it all together Sunday, topping the Jets 19-6 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
The win puts the Steelers at 1-4 on the season, but more importantly stops the bleeding for a team that needed a win in the worst way.
The Steelers led 9-6 at the half, but came out with the biggest play of the game in the third quarter, a long 55-yard TD pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Emmanuel Sanders to make it 16-6.
The defense did an excellent job holding down Geno Smith and a Jets offense that was very good against the Falcons on Monday night at the Georgia Dome.
Now with a win under their belt, the Steelers will get set for their first game vs the Ravens next Sunday in Pittsburgh at 4:25pm.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on