The Steelers have a lead at the half, albeit a small one, 9-6 over Geno Smith and the Jets. The Steelers have done a solid job in terms of numbers in the first half, but have been able to crack the end zone, despite a drop from Antonio Brown that should have been a TD.
Some quick halftime thoughts from the game:
1. Ben looks as good as any game this season – He’s been sacked a few times, but Ben Roethlisberger looks solid throwing the ball, and it should be a bigger lead if not for the drop by Brown that should have went for six. He’s 14-for-18 for 155 yards with no turnovers. The line has let him get sacked twice, but the bottom line is he’s doing his job thus far in 30 min.
2. Defense looks solid – Dick LeBeau has held Smith and the Jets in check, with the only bad drive being the late one that allowed the Jets to kick a field goal. If the defense plays as well over the last 30 min as they have in the first 30, the Steelers will have their first win of the 2013 season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on