As predicted, the Steelers Tuesday officially made a move at the punter spot, waiving Zoltan Mesko and signing Mat McBriar.
Mesko in seven games was not very good for the Steelers, as he was 16th in the AFC and 31st in the NFL among punters with a 36.7-yard net average. He punted 34 times, with only three inside the 20-yard line.
As foe McBriar, he was with the Cowboys for eight seasons, and has been in the league for 10 years. He was born in Melbourne, Australia, and began as an Australian rules football player. He played at the University of Hawaii.
He played not only for Dallas, but also spent time with the Seahawks and Broncos. He’s a two-time Pro Bowler, 2006 and 2010.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on