While you likely will have to throw those LaMarr Woodley jerseys on the clearance rack, the same can’t be said for Troy Polamalu.
Today the Steelers and Polamalu agreed on a two-year contract extension that will also give the black and gold some additional cap space.
No financial terms have yet been announced but it is a safe bet that Polammalu’s projected cap number has been spread out over the next two seasons.
Polamalu was previously scheduled to earn an $8.25 million base salary in 2014 and count over $10.8 million against the cap.
The veteran safety and star of shampoo commercials started all 16 games for the Steelers this past season.
A great move to keep #43 with the Steelers likely for life.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on