While you likely will have to throw those LaMarr Woodley jerseys on the clearance rack, the same can’t be said for Troy Polamalu.
Today the Steelers and Polamalu agreed on a two-year contract extension that will also give the black and gold some additional cap space.
No financial terms have yet been announced but it is a safe bet that Polammalu’s projected cap number has been spread out over the next two seasons.
Polamalu was previously scheduled to earn an $8.25 million base salary in 2014 and count over $10.8 million against the cap.
The veteran safety and star of shampoo commercials started all 16 games for the Steelers this past season.
A great move to keep #43 with the Steelers likely for life.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on