The Steelers have added the needed depth they have been looking for in the backfield, as today the team agreed to sign LeGarrette Blount to a two-year deal.
The 27-year-old also had interest from the Patriots in bringing him back, but sources say they didn’t approach the financial commitment of the Steelers.
Blount rushed for 772 yards and scored seven touchdowns last season for New England, including a monster game in the playoffs against the Colts.
He will combine with second-year back Le’Veon Bell to give the Steelers what could be their best backfield tandem in quite a few years.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on