The Steelers announced today that they will be wearing a special “CHN” decal to honor Chuck Noll throughout the 2014 season.
Noll, the legendary Steelers Hall of Fame coach, died at the age of 82 on Friday, June 13th.
In 1969 Noll took over the Steelers that at the time had produced only two winning seasons in the previous nine years. By 1972 the team went 11-3, going to the postseason for the first time in 25 seasons.
From 1972-79, the Noll led the Steelers to an 88-27-1 regular-season record without ever missing the playoffs and while winning Super Bowls IX, X, XIII and XIV. Overall, he sported a 209-156-1 record, and he was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1993.
Noll’s record was 209–156–1, including the post-season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on