The Pittsburgh Steelers will be without safety Shamarko Thomas due to injury, so made a roster move on Saturday. Rookie lineman Wesley Johnson was released and safety Ross Ventrone was moved to the active roster from the practice squad.
The move may indicate that Thomas may have a more serious hamstring injury than originally believed.
Ventrone last played for the New England Patriots in 2011 and will make his first start with the Steelers against the Browns on Sunday.
Johnson can return to the Steelers’ practice squad if he clears waivers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on