The Pittsburgh Steelers wasted little time in making head coach Mike Tomlin’s statements about evaluation of personnel and making adjustments clear. Wide receiver Derek Moye was released from the team’s practice squad and rookie cornerback Shaquille Richardson was placed on injured preserved.
In addition to those moves, the Steelers added offensive lineman Ethan Hemer after losing Wesley Johnson to waivers. Hemer was with the team during training camp. Hemer will be joined on the practice squad to fellow lineman Adam Gettis.
Defensive back Jordan Sullen was also signed.
Moye effectively lost his position to Justin Brown before the regular season and the writing may have been on the wall as the Steelers look for higher production from their receiving corps. Brown has seen more playing time in the slot position that was expected to be Lance Moore’s spot.
Gettis was drafted by the Washington Redskins out of the University of Iowa (Hawkeyes) in 2013 despite interest by Pittsburgh.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on