Last night the NFL Network reveled their latest list of “The Top 100 Players 2015,” and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger ended up on the list at 26.
Here’s the list of 30 down to 21 which was announced last night.
30. Drew Brees, QB, Saints
29. LeSean McCoy, RB, Bills
28. Gerald McCoy, DT, Buccaneers
27. Justin Houston, OLB, Chiefs
26. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers
25. Joe Thomas, OT, Browns
24. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Dolphins
23. Joe Haden, CB, Browns
22. Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks
21. Earl Thomas, S, Seahawks
So basically the NFL is placing two Browns players, a team that lost six of its last seven games, ahead of bar far the best QB in the AFC North.
Yeah, makes perfect sense.
Last season Big Ben was on the list, ranking 31st. All he did this last season was lead his team to a AFC North title, an 11-5 record, and throw for 4,952 yards and 32 touchdowns, tying a career best.
His 608 completions, 67.1 percent completion rate, 4,952 passing yards and 309.5 yards per game were all the best such figures in his 11-year NFL career.
Sounds like Big Ben easily could have ranked higher, if for nothing else for throwing for 12 touchdowns in two games in a critical three-game home stretch against the Colts and Ravens.
Ben is the second Steelers player on the list, as center Maurkice Pouncey was the first at 83.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on