Terrelle Pryor has reached out to Steeler receiver Antonio Brown and others for help in making the switch from quarterback to wide receiver, Bob Pompeani of KDKA in Pittsburgh reports.
“There’s not a lot of guys who work like I work,” says Pryor. “I truly believe that. I believe somebody who works extremely hard is Antonio Brown. Definitely I’ve worked with him, I have had to opportunity to work out with him an awful lot. We spent a lot of time together in 2011 down in Florida, so I saw his work ethic. The drive, the nights we would run in the sand along the ocean, run 6 miles every night.”
He will also be working out soon with both Randy Moss and Plaxico Burress. Both of whom are 6-foot-5 like Pryor.
“Just athletic cuts, moves, catching the ball with people on me, practicing that big time,” said Pryor. “Working on cuts, getting out of breaks. Really getting defenders on you and then losing them, the footwork and the timing of a route. So there’s a lot of stuff.”
But more than anything else, there’s motivation. Pryor wants to prove people wrong. He wants to show he belongs, even if he’ll be catching and not throwing the football.
“I believe I can get great at anything,” he said. “Just need the reps and just got to prove it.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on