The Steelers have made it official, as today the team announced they have inked veteran quarterback Michael Vick to a one-year contract. Vick will step in as the teams backup QB for Bruce Gradkowski, who was placed on the team’s Reserve/Injured List.
The former first-round pick of the Falcons comes with plenty of baggage from his arrest years back on a dog fighting charge, but has stayed out of trouble since his release from prison.
Vick enters his 13th season, and played with the Falcons, then the Eagles and spent one season with the New York Jets.
The QB has appeared in 138 games (112 starts) and completed 1,767-of-3,151 passes for 22,093 yards with 131 touchdowns and added 6,010 rushing yards and 36 rushing touchdowns on 853 rushing attempts. Vick, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, also earned NFL Comeback Player of the Year accolades in 2010.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on