The Steelers have made it official, as today the team announced they have inked veteran quarterback Michael Vick to a one-year contract. Vick will step in as the teams backup QB for Bruce Gradkowski, who was placed on the team’s Reserve/Injured List.
The former first-round pick of the Falcons comes with plenty of baggage from his arrest years back on a dog fighting charge, but has stayed out of trouble since his release from prison.
Vick enters his 13th season, and played with the Falcons, then the Eagles and spent one season with the New York Jets.
The QB has appeared in 138 games (112 starts) and completed 1,767-of-3,151 passes for 22,093 yards with 131 touchdowns and added 6,010 rushing yards and 36 rushing touchdowns on 853 rushing attempts. Vick, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, also earned NFL Comeback Player of the Year accolades in 2010.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on