The Steelers today made some roster moves, as they signed two free agents and released three players, all on the offensive side of the ball.
Signed was long-snapper Matt Dooley and defensive tackle Lavon Hooks, this according to Steelers.com.
Dooley is from Indiana, and tried out for the Steelers back during 2015 at rookie mini-camp. As for Hooks, he’s 6-3 and 318 pounds. He spent part of training camp last season with the Packers, but was released before the start of the season. He played his college ball at Ole Miss.
Gone from the two are tight end Rob Blanchflower, as well as offensive tackles Mitchell Van Dyk and Kelvin Palmer.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on