Dri Archer is considered one of the bigger busts during the Mike Tomlin era. The former third-round draft pick out of Kent State was released by the Steelers last season.
Archer reportedly had ten practice squad offers but turned them all down. He truly believes that he is a legitimate starter due to his insane speed; well think again.
After signing a futures contract with the New York Jets in early February, Archer was released yesterday.
This is according to Manish Mehta, a Jets Columnist for NY Daily News.
Jets claim former Giants TE Jerome Cunningham off waivers. NYJ cuts Dri Archer
— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) May 9, 2016
His 4.26 40-yard dash time was very impressive. While speed is a great asset to have, being 5 foot 8 inches and only 180 pounds is not an ideal size in the NFL.
Archer will continue to struggle starting for a team unless an offensive coordinator figures out how to incorporate his biggest attribute: speed.
Update: Archer was claimed by the Buffalo Bills today.
#Bills claim RB Dri Archer off waivers.
— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) May 10, 2016
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on