The Steelers career of quarterback Bruce Gradkowski is over, as today the team released the QB from injured reserve, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
#Steelers released QB Bruce Gradkowski from IR.
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) October 7, 2016
Gradkowski is a good guy and deserved better, but in the world of the NFL, if you can’t stay on the field, you can’t help your team, and that’s always been his biggest problem.
Injuries landed Gradkowski on injured reserve last month after he tore his hamstring. He also spent all of 2015 on IR with issues with his shoulder and hand.
He was brought back to the team in May after first joining the team in 2013. He will end his tenure with the black and gold never attempting a pass in a regular season game.
In his career he’s thrown for 4,057 yards, 21 touchdowns and 24 interceptions.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on