With a home game looming against the 5-1 Patriots on Sunday, today coach Mike Tomlin spoke to the media, and as expected ruled out already two key players for their contest against Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and company.
The two players out for sure Sunday are quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and defensive end Cam Heyward, two players that the team will very much miss.
Roethlisberger underwent outpatient surgery on the meniscus in his left knee Monday, and depending on how quickly he can recover will determine the amount of games he will miss.
The Steelers have the Patriots at home Sunday, then will have the bye week before three straight road games – at Baltimore, at Cleveland and at the Colts on Thanksgiving night.
Other players who have missed games in recent weeks have a chance to play, Tomlin said. Those players include right tackle Marcus Gilbert, inside linebacker Ryan Shazier and receiver Markus Wheaton.
None of them played in Sunday’s 15-point setback to the Dolphins down in Miami.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on