The Steelers wide out core could really use the help of a player like Markus Wheaton right now, and today it’s being reported that the receiver will see a specialist to have his injured shoulder examined.
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler broke the story earlier today, stating that Wheaton told ESPN that he will see a specialist for his shoulder injury and hopes it “doesn’t end my season.”
It’s been a wasted season for Wheaton, who really would have a big role in the Steelers offense if he was healthy. He’s played in just three games this season, none since week give, and had just four catches this season for 51 yards and one score.
Wheaton will be a free agent after this season, and may have played his last game with the Steelers if he doesn’t recover from this shoulder injury.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on