Many Steelers fans have been anxious for some sort of update on wide out Martavis Bryant, who has been missing in action for a year after a suspension due to a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.
The wide out is expected to be allowed back in the league, but as of yet has not, and as of today there’s really no new news on his hopeful return to the NFL.
There is no update nor timeline for Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant to be reinstated back into the NFL, a league spokesman said on Thursday.
The league refuted a Times report on Wednesday that cited a source stating that Bryant’s return from suspension was “imminent.”
Bryant, who is serving a one-year banishment for multiple violations of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, filed for reinstatement on Jan. 28, 61 days ago. But the league reiterated that there is no hard deadline for his return, citing past precedent and the league policy.
Bryant is a big time threat when he’s able to get and stay on the field, pulling in 14 touchdowns in his 21 NFL games of his career to this point.
In the 2015 season with the team he caught 50 passes for 765 yards and six scores, and made a memorable flipping touchdown grab in the teams’ wild AFC Wild Card win over the Bengals in Cincinnati.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on