The Steelers released veteran quarterback Zach Mettenberger on Monday, and today Missi Matthews reports the team has let go of a couple more players from their roster.
The Steelers have released four more players: Brandon Brown-Dukes, Gus Johnson, Canaan Severin and Al-Hajj Shabazz.
— Missi Matthews (@missi_matthews) May 2, 2017
Brown-Dukes is a running back who was added to the practice squad back in late December, Johnson, another running back, came aboard the practice squad the second week in January.
Wide out Severin joined the team last season from the University of Virginia, and at 6-foot-2 and 215 pounds he could have rounded into an interesting player, and was even talked about as a sleeper for the club, but obviously didn’t do enough for the team to justify a roster spot.
Al-Hajj Shabazz was added to the 53-man roster December 23rd of last season after Shamarko Thomas was placed on IR. He was back and forth on the teams’ practice squad as well as the team, as he even spent time with the Texans last season.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on