The Steelers released veteran quarterback Zach Mettenberger on Monday, and today Missi Matthews reports the team has let go of a couple more players from their roster.
The Steelers have released four more players: Brandon Brown-Dukes, Gus Johnson, Canaan Severin and Al-Hajj Shabazz.
— Missi Matthews (@missi_matthews) May 2, 2017
Brown-Dukes is a running back who was added to the practice squad back in late December, Johnson, another running back, came aboard the practice squad the second week in January.
Wide out Severin joined the team last season from the University of Virginia, and at 6-foot-2 and 215 pounds he could have rounded into an interesting player, and was even talked about as a sleeper for the club, but obviously didn’t do enough for the team to justify a roster spot.
Al-Hajj Shabazz was added to the 53-man roster December 23rd of last season after Shamarko Thomas was placed on IR. He was back and forth on the teams’ practice squad as well as the team, as he even spent time with the Texans last season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on