The Steelers drafted a quarterback and added another as an unrestricted free agent, and with that came the news today the team has released veteran quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
The move comes two days after they drafted Josh Dobbs and added free agent Nick Schuessler, two players that could be a big part of the teams future when it comes to lining up under center.
Mettenberger didn’t do much despite serving as the third-string quarterback last season behind Ben Roethlisberger and Landry Jones.
He didn’t appear in a game during his tenure with the black and gold. He is best remembered for his time in Tennessee, playing with the Titans during the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on