The Steelers today shored up their secondary, picking up 28-year-old cornerback Joe Haden, who was released this morning by the AFC North rival Cleveland Browns.
It’s a stunning move for a team that obviously feels they need help in the defensive backfield, as the team inked Haden to a three-year deal worth $27 million.
Haden was set to make $11.1 million this season for the Browns, who didn’t feel the salary for the former Pro Bowl CB was worth it.
Last season he tied for the team lead with the Browns with three interceptions, and had 48 tackles, 11 passes defensed and played in 15 of the teams’ 16 games as the Browns struggled to a 1-15 campaign.
The defensive backfield the Steelers now looks like Haden, Artie Burns, William Gay, Ross Cockrell, Coty Sensabaugh and Cameron Sutton.
One Steelers player who was excited about the pickup of Haden to the roster was Le’Veon Bell, who tweeted as such earlier today.
what’s good Joe?!!!!!!!!! ?????? https://t.co/UIaRUJVRwY
— Le’Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) August 30, 2017
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Release Veteran Guard David DeCastro on
- 25 Most Popular Pittsburgh Steelers Players of All-Time on
- ESPN’s Poor Rating Of The Steelers’ Offseason Is A Tad Unfair on
- The 3 Most Exciting Matchups From the 2021 Steelers Schedule on
- JuJu Smith-Schuster Staying Put, Inking One-Year Deal to Stay with the Steelers on