Steelers GM Kevin Colbert isn’t going anywhere, as the AP reports today that the team has inked Colbert to an extension through the 2020 draft.
Colbert began his tenure with the Steelers as director of football operations in 2000 before accepting the title of general manager in 2011. The Steelers have won two Super Bowls and been to another during Colbert’s tenure, capturing eight division titles and earning 11 playoff berths.
Steelers President Art Rooney praised Colbert’s ”dedication and diligent work” as being a major factor in the team’s success.
Colbert’s deal was announced Thursday, weeks after the Steelers signed coach Mike Tomlin an extension that will carry him through the 2020 season. The Steelers open the season on Sept. 10 at Cleveland and are heavy favorites to repeat as AFC North champions
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on