The Steelers certainly didn’t make their Sunday night showdown with the Detroit Lions at Ford Field easy, but thanks to a couple goal line stands that you had to see to believe, the black and gold are 6-2 with a 20-15 win.
Matthew Stafford carved up the Steelers D like a Thanksgiving turkey, but despite Detroit getting 18 snaps inside the 20, the Steelers D stopped the Lions each and every time and, thanks to that walked away with a win.
JuJu Smith-Schuster was the hero on offense, and he’s making Martavis Bryant look like an afterthought, as he caught seven passes including a huge 97-yard catch-and-run in the third quarter that put the Steelers ahead for good 20-12.
It’s a great feeling to win a game when you don’t play your best, and the Steelers did that Sunday evening, and will now get a chance to get a rest before they play five of their next seven games at home.
Here’s three takeaways from the win on Sunday night.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on