The Steelers career of cornerback William Gay, at least wearing black and gold, is over.
Today Gay put out on his Instagram account that he is being released by the team, the final player from the Super Bowl winning team from 2008 to be on the roster.
Gay was a fifth-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2007 and played five years with the team before heading to Arizona in 2012. He returned to Pittsburgh the next year and has never missed a game during his 11 years in the league.
Releasing Gay, who played just over 27 percent of the defensive snaps last year, clears $1.75 million of cap space for the Steelers.
One hell of a ride in the City of Champions….. loved every moment? next chapter… will be ready for 2018 season!!! Want a chance to hoist the trophy one more time…. I played all positions and football IQ, leadership, and teammate skills are Great ??… looking forward to being on a new team ? #bigplaywillgay #williamclowninwednesday #pick6 #ironman #nevermissAgame
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on