Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers will look at other kickers this week to replace Chris Boswell, who has missed 11 kicks this season, including six field goals, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Boswell missed two more Sunday in Oakland, including a blocked 40-yarder on the final play in which his plant foot slipped.
Tomlin also indicated the Steelers are not ready to give up on Boswell, but other teams have had success this season when cutting their struggling kicker and bringing in a replacement.
“We acknowledge Chris has struggled; we’re willing to explore options that gives us our best option to see that ball go through the uprights, and those options include Chris,” Tomlin said. “The prudent approach includes Chris.”
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on