Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers will look at other kickers this week to replace Chris Boswell, who has missed 11 kicks this season, including six field goals, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Boswell missed two more Sunday in Oakland, including a blocked 40-yarder on the final play in which his plant foot slipped.
Tomlin also indicated the Steelers are not ready to give up on Boswell, but other teams have had success this season when cutting their struggling kicker and bringing in a replacement.
“We acknowledge Chris has struggled; we’re willing to explore options that gives us our best option to see that ball go through the uprights, and those options include Chris,” Tomlin said. “The prudent approach includes Chris.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on