Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers will look at other kickers this week to replace Chris Boswell, who has missed 11 kicks this season, including six field goals, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Boswell missed two more Sunday in Oakland, including a blocked 40-yarder on the final play in which his plant foot slipped.
Tomlin also indicated the Steelers are not ready to give up on Boswell, but other teams have had success this season when cutting their struggling kicker and bringing in a replacement.
“We acknowledge Chris has struggled; we’re willing to explore options that gives us our best option to see that ball go through the uprights, and those options include Chris,” Tomlin said. “The prudent approach includes Chris.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on