The Steelers have not yet given wideout Antonio Brown or his agent permission to seek a trade according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
When a player is on the block, their agent often will help facilitate a trade to ensure a good landing spot, but the Steelers have yet to give Brown permission to seek out those opportunities.
It is an interesting report given how both Brown and Steelers brass have softened their positions on a trade over the last week. It is still likely Brown is playing elsewhere in 2019, but it is not the foregone conclusion it seemed a couple weeks ago.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on