With the preseason opener about 48 hours away, today Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced that Josh Dobbs will be the starting QB for the first August game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
With Dobbs starting, Mason Rudolph will follow Dobbs with Devlin Hodges ready if he can get into the game late.
Ben Roethlisberger will not suit up for the opener.
Last season Dobbs went 6-of-12 for 43 yards and an interception in five games. Most of his time came in the team’s 24-21 loss to the Raiders late in the season.
Rudolph was a third-round pick last year and did not appear during the regular season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on