With the preseason opener about 48 hours away, today Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced that Josh Dobbs will be the starting QB for the first August game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
With Dobbs starting, Mason Rudolph will follow Dobbs with Devlin Hodges ready if he can get into the game late.
Ben Roethlisberger will not suit up for the opener.
Last season Dobbs went 6-of-12 for 43 yards and an interception in five games. Most of his time came in the team’s 24-21 loss to the Raiders late in the season.
Rudolph was a third-round pick last year and did not appear during the regular season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on