The Steelers have won three straight minus running back James Conner and wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, but the latest report indicates that the two could be back on the practice field this week as the team has a critical Sunday night game against the Bills.
Mike Tomlin says that he thinks that Smith-Schuster will take a step forward this week, but there no word as of yet if that will be enough for him to able to suit up for Sunday night.
The coach also expects Conner to practice as well, but again, the back has to take some steps forward from his shoulder injury to be able to play against the Bills.
Conner’s lead back spot has been taken by Benny Snell, who has done a nice job filling in while they wait for him to return to action.
Dioante Johnson and James Washington have both gotten chances as the teams number one wide out while Smith-Schuster has been out of action.
Only time will tell if either or both will be able to do enough to get back to game action.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on