Steelers outside linebacker and former first-round pick T.J. Watt was hit with a pretty big honor on Thursday, as he was voted by his teammates as the Steelers ‘Most Valuable Player.’
This season Watt has 14 sacks, two interceptions and 50 total tackles. The 25-year-old has now 34 sacks and 14 forced fumbles during his short career.
Many think that he deserves to be the NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and he could still win that award as it will be announced prior to the Super Bowl.
Here’s what Watt had to say Thursday about winning the award.
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) December 26, 2019
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on