You already have to love the attitude of new head coach Mike Tomlin, who looks to be the type of coach that is going to push the boys to the limit all summer. Under Bill Cowher, the Steelers camps were getting to be a little soft, and if you already hear and read what the team is saying, this summer is going to be a grind for the black and gold players. “This is what training camps are about,” Tomlin said. “They are not supposed to be pleasant.” Tomlin is not going to be giving the boys “movie nights” or many days off according to what I am reading. The team is going to be put through a lot of two-a-day sessions, and there will be NO days off in the first 14 days of camp. I think it’s a good thing. You don’t want the boys to go out there and kill themselves before the Steelers-Browns opener, but at the same time, it would be nice to see a new attitude for a team that started 2-6 last season. Another thing that is nice is that Tomlin is throwing the Cowher book out the window. “I’m not familiar with how it is has been in the past,” said Tomlin, “I really can’t speak to that, but it will be trying at times. There will be some adversity.” Go get em Mike, show em who’s boss.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on