Taking action for his being pulled over and being cited for having possession for marijuana in his car, the Steelers have decided to take quick action and sit WR Santonio Holmes for the game Sunday vs the Giants. “His situation has created somewhat of a distraction,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “We want to minimize that as much as we can and remain focused on the task at hand which is to compete and play against the New York Giants on Sunday. That is where we are at this point. We don’t have a great deal of information. We choose to address it as an organization and football team on Monday.”
Holmes has yet to be suspended by the league or team, but the team has instead decided to make him inactive for the contest. The team will instead start Nate Washington, who has had a good season, in his place. “I don’t have a great deal of information and this is the direction I choose to go,” Tomlin said. “I choose to remain solely focused on what we have in front of us this weekend as a football team. That decision was made with that in mind.”
Second-round pick Limas Sweed and Dallas Baker will play in the game with Holmes sitting on the sidelines.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on