You can kiss the long-snapping career of Pro Bowl LB James Harrison good-bye. And that is a good thing. Today the Steelers signed Jared Retkofsky as their new long-snapper, as they placed Greg Warren on injured reserve. Warren underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL in his knee. The injury took place during the loss Sunday, and it was after that the team tried to turn to Harrison to snap, only to have him throw the ball over Mitch Berger’s head for a safety.
As for Retkofsky, he was signed at first by the Steelers as an undrafted free agent, but was released before the start of training camp. He will wear number 61 according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Mike Tomlin said today on Sirius Radio that again Willie Parker will practice on Wednesday, and it is still a hope that he’ll be able to play on Monday night.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on