You can kiss the long-snapping career of Pro Bowl LB James Harrison good-bye. And that is a good thing. Today the Steelers signed Jared Retkofsky as their new long-snapper, as they placed Greg Warren on injured reserve. Warren underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL in his knee. The injury took place during the loss Sunday, and it was after that the team tried to turn to Harrison to snap, only to have him throw the ball over Mitch Berger’s head for a safety.
As for Retkofsky, he was signed at first by the Steelers as an undrafted free agent, but was released before the start of training camp. He will wear number 61 according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Mike Tomlin said today on Sirius Radio that again Willie Parker will practice on Wednesday, and it is still a hope that he’ll be able to play on Monday night.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on