Not that it was in nearly as bad a shape as it was last season, the Steelers will get a new field anyway, as they will be playing on a new layer of grass for their last two home games against the Cowboys and Browns in December. A new layer of grass will be placed on the field Sunday, a few hours after the wrap up of four high school championship games.
It’s the second year in a row they have put new grass on the field during the season. Of course last season no one could possibly forget the disaster that was the Monday night mud bowl between the Steelers and Dolphins that ended 3-0. While the field has by no means been as bad this season, it’s nice to see them take action before the weather gets really bad and the field gets any worse than it is.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on