The Steelers, ranked 31st in the league punting the football, have gone back to their punter from the start of the season – Mitch Berger. The team Monday resigned Berger after a couple weeks of having to put up with the awful Paul Ernster, who was rightfully let go. Berger was having a hamstring issue, but still was not having that great of the season by any means, putting up 41.9 yards per punt on 42 kicks. Ernster, who was booed after most of his kicks the last two weeks by the Steelers faithful, averaged just 31.6 yards per kick on 12 kicks the last few weeks.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on